As PM Narendra Modi announced CARE fund for the nation in the fight against Coronavirus pandemic, distinguished celebrities, sports stars, and business personnel starting donation. Starting at the state level and national level several initiatives are taken by Govt and PM Modi’s CARE fund to fight Coronavirus is one of them. From Bollywood film stars, film directors to Tollywood heroes several leaders have come forward in nationwide assistance through PM Modi’s CARE fund a relief to tackle Coronavirus impact and burden on Government. Several state governments and Organisations including the BCCI and Film Association of India have contributed their part in the same.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday (April 1, 2020) expressed gratitude towards the sports fraternity for their contribution to PM CARES Fund.
Several sports personalities like Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Sourav Ganguly, Rohit Sharma, Mithali Raj, etc have contributed their bit for the cause.
“I am very happy that our hardworking sportspersons are at the forefront of the battle to defeat COVID-19. I would like to thank @sharad_kumar01, @ImRo45, @singhesha10, @M_Raj03 for their contribution to PM-CARES.#IndiaFightsCorona,” PM Modi tweeted.
The Union government on March 28 set up the public charitable trust under the name The Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund (PM-CARES) in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak.
Coronavirus continues to wreak havoc all over the world. There is a lockdown in India to fight this war. Bollywood celebs have also come forward to help fight this battle. While Akshay Kumar gave 25 crores for charity, now the news is coming that Salman Khan is helping 25000 daily laborers amid lockdown. However, Salman has not made any announcement regarding this. Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Donate for COVID-19 Relief Work. Priyanka- Nick, Anushka- Virat, Katrina Kaif, Vickey Kaushal all Bollywood celebs pledge to donate for PM CARES fund.
As we all know about India is facing a Coronavirus pandemic and has to fight against the COVID-19. So our well-known celebrities, Directors, South Indian actors, Bollywood actors, Businessmen are come forwarded to help the Country to fight against the COVID-19. They are Donating Crores to the PM Relief Fund and State relief Funds. Bollywood Khiladi Akshay Kumar will contribute Rs 25 crores to the PM CARES fund. After seeing Akshay’s contribution, many other Bollywood celebrities joined Coronavirus fight and announced that they would donate for this fight against coronavirus. Tollywood Star also donates Prabhas-4 crore, Mahesh Babu-1 crore, Stylish star Allu Arjun- 1.25 crores, Mega Star Pawan Kalyan- 2 crores. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday announced the Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund (PM CARES Fund), and soon a slew of Bollywood celebrities came forward to contribute their bit to help the Indian Government in its fight against the coronavirus outbreak.
Here is the list of donations from our Bollywood And Tollywood celebrities:
|Akshay Kumar||Rs. 25 Crore|
|Prabhas||Rs 4.00 Crore|
|Pawan Kalyan||Rs 2.00 Crore|
|Allu Arjun||Rs 1.25 Crore|
|Hema Malini||Rs. 1 Crore|
|Kartik Aaryan||Rs. 1 Crore|
|Vicky Kaushal||Rs. 1 Crore|
|Chiranjeevi||Rs. 1 Crore|
|Mahesh Babu||Rs. 1 Crore|
|Balakrishna||Rs. 1 Crore|
|Jr. NTR||Rs. 75 Lakh|
|Ram Charan||Rs. 70 Lakh|
|Sunny Deol||Rs. 50 Lakh|
|Varun Dhawan||Rs. 30 Lakh|
|Nithin||Rs. 20 Lakh|
|Trivikram||Rs. 20 Lakh|
|Dil Raju’s SVC||Rs. 20 Lakh|
|Lakh Koratala Siva||Rs 10 Lakh|
|Sai Dharam Tej||Rs 10 Lakh|
|Anil Ravipudi||Rs 10 Lakh|
|VV Vinayak||Rs. 5 Lakh|
|Allari Naresh||Rs. 5 Lakh|
Superstar Rajinikanth has donated Rs 50 lakh for the wellbeing of daily wage workers of the South Indian film industry in the time of complete shutdown owing to the coronavirus pandemic.
Suriya, Karthi along their father Sivakumar donated Rs 10 lakh. It was later reported that actor Sivakarthikeyan too donated Rs 10 lakh.
Vijay Sethupathi has donated 10 lakhs for the welfare of FEFSI members.
Ace Indian shuttler PV Sindhu has donated a sum of Rs 10 lakh to combat the spread of coronavirus.
Sindhu has donated Rs 5 lakh each to Andhra Pradesh and Telangana Chief Minister Relief Funds.
Wrestler Bajrang Punia, who works as an OSD in Railways, has donated his six months’ salary to the Haryana relief fund.
Gautam Gambhir has also offered to release Rs 50 lakh from his Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) fund for the equipment to treat coronavirus patients in Delhi government hospitals.
The Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) has also donated Rs 25 lakh towards the West Bengal government’s emergency relief fund and President Avishek Dalmiya donated 5 lakh too.
Sourav Ganguly donated rice worth 50 lakhs for the underprivileged with Lal Baba Rice Company.
Pawan Kalyan donated a total of 2 Cr for COVID-19.
Pawan Kalyan donated 50 Lakhs to AP and Telangana CM relief funds each.
Hrithik Roshan provided N95 and FFP3 masks for our BMC workers and other caretakers.
Kapil Sharma donated 50 Lakhs to PM Relief Fund.
Sachin Tendulkar donated 50 lakhs to Prime Minister’s Relief Fund and Maharashtra Chief Minister’s Relief Fund [25-25].
Kartik Aaryan Donates 1 Crore to PM CARES Fund
Sara Ali Khan pledge to donates, However, she did not disclose the amount.
Alia Bhatt pledge to donates, However, she did not disclose the amount.
icky Kaushal Donates 1 Crore for PM CARES fund
Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar, Donates 25 lakh
Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas pledge to donates
- Sachin Tendulkar (Rs 50 lakh)
- Sourav Ganguly (Free rice worth Rs 50 lakh)
- Hima Das (one month’s salary to Assam)
- PV Sindhu (Rs 10 lakh)
- Bajrang Punia (Six month’s salary to Haryana)
- Salman Khan: 250 Cr
- Gautam Gambhir (Rs 50 lakh, 2-years salary)
- Sania Mirza (food for daily wage workers)
- Laxmi Ratan Shukla (three months’ MLA salary, BCCI pension to West Bengal)
- MS Dhoni (Rs 1 lakh)
- Ajinkya Rahane (Rs 10 lakh)
- Manu Bhaker (Rs 1 lakh)
- Irfan and Yusuf Pathan (4000 face masks)
- Mary Kom (One month’s MP salary)
- Ishan Porel (Rs 50,000 to help needy)
National Sports Federations
- – Hockey India (Rs 25.00 Lakh)
- – All India Football Federation (Rs. 25.00 lakh)
- – Wrestling Federation of India (Rs 11.00 lakh)
- – Indian Golf Union (Rs 10.00 lakh)
- – Table Tennis Federation of India (Rs 5.00 lakh)
- – Basketball Federation of India (Rs 5.00 lakh)
- – All India Tennis Association (Rs 2.50 lakh)
- – Athletics Federation of India (Rs 2.50 lakh)
- – Wushu Association of India (Rs 2.00 lakh)
- – Handball Federation of India (Rs 1.50 lakh)
- – Cycling Federation of India (Rs 1.00 lakh)
- – Swimming Federation of India (Rs 51,000)
- – The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI Rs 51 Crores)
- – Mumbai Cricket Association (Rs 50 lakh to Maharashtra)
- – Saurashtra Cricket Association (Rs 42 lakh)
- – Karnataka State Cricket Association (Rs 1 crore)
State Olympic Associations
- Kerala Olympic Association (Rs 3.00 lakh)
- – Bihar Olympic Association (Rs 1.00 lakh)
- – Himachal Pradesh Olympic Association (Rs 1.00 lakh)
- – Gujarat Olympic Association (Rs 25,000)
Non Members/(Applied For)/Others
- – WAKO India Kickboxing Federation (Rs 1.00 lakh)
- – Himachal Pradesh Boxing Association (Rs 50,000)