LATEST APPLICATION FORMS 2020
MHT CET 2020 is conducted by State Common Entrance Test Cell on the behalf of Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. MHT CET 2020 Application Form has been released and the last date to fill the online forms is Feb 29, 2020. Candidate can visit the official website mahacet.org for the online application process. The application form fee for General Candidates is INR 800. Apply Now for MHT CET 2020
Latest Update: Online Registration by paying late fee of INR 500 will start from March 1 to March 7. Exam Dates were revised, the exam will now be conducted on April 13 to 18 & 20 to 23, 2020 excluding April 14, 2020.
- Candidates passed/appearing in HSC/12th or its equivalent examination from a recognized board will be Eligible to Apply for MHT CET. As per DTE Maharashtra, 85% of the seats in private unaided engineering institutes in Maharashtra will be filled through MHT CET, while 15% seats will be filled/reserved for All India Quota based on MHT CET.
- MHT CET Syllabus will be based on the curriculum of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. 20% weight will be given to class 11th curriculum and 80% weight will be given to class 12th curriculum while setting the question paper.
MHT-CET 2020 will be conducted at almost all the district headquarters in the State of Maharashtra. Outside Maharasthra the Capital Districts of the selected states like Delhi-NCR, Bihar, Chattisgarh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Jharkhand, Telangana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, and Uttar Pradesh could be Exam Centers for MHT CET. The center once allotted will not be changed under any circumstances.
LATEST APPLICATION FORMS 2020
ADMISSIONS 2019 OPEN AT CGCMost Innovative Group of CollegesHIGHEST PLACEMENTS | GREAT SCHOLARSHIPSAPPLY NOWMHT CET Admit CardMHT CET SyllabusMHT CET CutoffMHT CET Participating Colleges
MHT CET is a state-level entrance test, conducted to offer admission into B.E/B.Tech, B.Pharmacy and Agriculture courses in more than 300 institutes across Maharashtra. MHT CET 2020 will be conducted in two phases. The first phase will be held from April 13-18, 2020 and the second phase will be held from April 20-23, 2020. Candidates can download their admit cards from April 5, 2020. MHT CET 2020 Result will be announced in the last week of June 2020. After that candidates can apply for MHT CET Counselling and seat allotment process. The mock test series has been released by the authorities. Note: The difficulty level of the paperwill be similar to JEE Main for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and Biology paper difficulty level will be as of the NEET exam. For better preparation, you can download MHT CET Practice Papers
MHT CET 2020 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test (MHT CET)|
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State|
|Exam Type||State Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Total Number of Questions||50 from each Subject|
|Marking Scheme||No negative marking|
Changes Introduced in MHT CET 2020
- Earlier MHT CET used to be based entirely on the Class 12 syllabus of HSC Board of Maharashtra. Now, students will have to study the Class 11 syllabus as well.
- In MHT CET Syllabus 2020, 20% weight is given to class 11th standard syllabus and 80% weight is given to class 12th standard syllabus.
- The level of difficulty of MHT CET 2020 will be raised and be almost equal to JEE Main in terms of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and NEET for Biology.
- The approximate number of questions based on the 11th standard will be 10 and 40 from class 12. The questions will be application-based.
- In MHT CET 2020, no question will be asked from the chapter on complex numbers of Class 11.
MHT CET Exam Dates
MHT CET 2020 Exam Dates
The official dates for MHT CET 2020 have been released. Important dates of MHT CET 2020 is given below:
|Starting of MHT CET Online Registration||January 7, 2020|
|Last date to submit MHT CET 2020 Application Form||February 29, 2020|
|Online Registration with Late Fees (For all categories)||March 1 to 7, 2020|
|Release of MHT CET 2020 Admit card||April 5, 2020|
|MHT CET 2020 Exam Date||April 13 – |
April 20 – 23, 2020
|Declaration of MHT CET 2020 Results||On or before June 6, 2020|
|Display of Candidate response in his/her log-in||Schedule will be notified and declared separately|
|Submission of objections on Question Paper||April 27 to 30, 2020|
|Starting of MHT CET 2020 Counselling||Second week of June 2020|
MHT CET 2020 Application Form
The application process includes these steps:
Step 1: Candidate Registration
- Visit the official website of MHT CET and look for a ‘registration link’.
- Click on ‘new user’ and enter details like email ID, phone number, password, etc.
- You will get a unique user id and password on the registered email id or contact number.
Step 2: Filling Online Application Form
- Fill the MH CET 2020 Application Form and provide your personal information, contact information, and academic details carefully before submitting them.
- Also, reservation information needs to be filled along with other details.
- Candidates are instructed to please select the Medium /Language of Question Paper very carefully before submitting the application of MHT CET 2020 examination.
- The medium for the examination will be English, Urdu, Marathi for Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Mathematics paper will only be available in the English Language.
Step 3: Uploading documents
- Upload your passport size photograph clicked on a white background and a scanned copy of your signature.
- The photograph size should be in .jpg format ranging from 15kb-50 kb.
- The signature should be done with black ink and should be scanned at 200 dpi.
- The size of the signature should range from 5kb-20kb.
- Candidates have to upload one Id Proof also in .pdf format between the size of 15 to 256 KB only.
Step 4: Online Payment of Application Fee
- The application fee can be paid online as well as offline mode.
- The application fee for MHT CET 2020 is INR 800 for the General category, while candidates of reserved categories should pay INR 600.
- If a candidate opts for the online method of payment, he/she will have to use net banking facility or payment through credit card/debit card. The offline payment can be done through e-challan which will be generated automatically.
- With an additional late fee of INR 500, candidates can fill the forms from March 1 to 7, 2020.
MHT CET Eligibility
MHT CET 2020 Eligibility
Before applying for MHT CET 2020, candidates must check the eligibility criteria set by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. Only those candidates who will satisfy the eligibility criteria will be allowed to appear in MHT CET 2020. Below is the eligibility of MHT CET 2020:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- There is no age limit to appear in MHT CET 2020.
- Candidate must have passed HSC/class XII exam or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with any one of the subjects – Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical/Vocational subjects.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination (HSC/XII) in 2020 are considered eligible.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks (for General Category) and at least 45% marks (for reserved category and Persons with Disability candidates) in aggregate of 5 subjects.
- Female candidates are not eligible for a mining engineering course.
The basic eligibility for MHT CET is that candidates must have passed class 12th from a recognized board or equivalent. The separate eligibility conditions for all the courses have been given below:
For Engineering Courses
- The nationality of candidates should be an Indian.
- Candidates must have passed class 12th exam or HSC examination with subjects namely, Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/Technical Vocational subject.
- Minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% aggregate marks for reserved category candidates) must be obtained.
- Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of reserved category)
- Obtained qualifying marks in JEE Main Paper 1 (All India Candidature Candidates, Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature Candidates)
For Pharmacy courses
- Candidate should be an Indian National.
- Applicant must have completed class 12th with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology /Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject. For candidates of the general category, the minimum percentage criterion is 45% and for reserved category, it is 40%.
- There is no age limit applicable to this course.
MHT CET 2020 Exam Schedule
Schedule for MHT CET 2020 exam:
|Group 1 & 2: (PCM & PCB)||Shift 1||Shift 2|
|Entry in the Exam Hall||7:30 AM||12:30 PM|
|Last entry permitted in examination hall. (No candidate will be permitted after 08:45 AM under any circumstances.)||8:45 AM||1:45 PM|
|First Login to the read instructions||8:50 AM||1:50 PM|
|Commencement of Online Examination||9:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|End of Online Examination||12:00 PM||5:00 PM|
Morning and Evening Shift timings for 2 Groups:
|Type of Examination for Online (CBT) MHT-CET 2020||Timings of Examination Papers|
|PCM Group||Morning shift 09:00 AM To 12:00 AMAfternoon shift 02.00 PM to 05.00 PM|
|PCB Group||Morning shift 09:00 AM To 12:00 AMAfternoon shift 02:00 PM To 05:00 PM|
MHT CET 2020 Admit Card
The admit card will be released on April 5, 2020. Candidates must go through all the details written on the admit card and then download it by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of MHT CET and click on ‘admit card’ link.
- Enter the user id and password.
- Click on ‘submit’, your admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Take out multiple copies of MHT CET 2020 Admit Card.
- MHT CET 2020 Admit Card will contain the exam center and address allocated to every candidate. It will also contain the date and time of the examination. Candidates will have to check the details mentioned in the admit card and report in case of any discrepancies.
MHT CET Exam Centers
- MHT-CET 2020 will be conducted by online mode at almost all the district headquarters in the State of Maharashtra.
- Outside Maharasthra the Capital Districts of the selected states like Delhi-NCR, Bihar, Chattisgarh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Jharkhand, Telangana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, and Uttar Pradesh could be the centers for examination. All this will depend on the availability of the candidates. Check Exam Centers
- The eligible candidates can select the examination center of their choice while filling the online application form.
- The center once allotted will not be changed under any circumstances.
- If the candidate opted for both the groups i.e. PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and PCB (Physics Chemistry and Biology) then there is a possibility that he/she could get the different examination centers that mean for PCM you may get one examination center and for PCB another.
- Candidates are advised to fill the preferred exam center options for the preferred examination centers while filling up the MHT CET 2020 application form.
- The authorities will try their best to allocate the examination center within the District of the candidate. The exam conducting body reserves the rights for the final allotment of the examination center to the candidate.
List of district headquarters for MHT CET 2020 is mentioned below:
MHT CET Exam Pattern
MHT CET 2020 Exam Pattern
MHT-CET will be conducted in two groups i.e. PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology). The question papers are multiple-choice questions (MCQ) having 4 options and the question and
the marking system is as follows:
- The question paper will cover the syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
- Approximately 20% weight will be given to class 11th curriculum and 80% weight will be given to class 12th curriculum while setting the question paper.
- Language of Question Paper: The medium for the examination will be English, Urdu, Marathi for Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Mathematics paper will only be available in the English Language. Candidates are instructed to please select the Medium /Language of Question Paper very carefully before submitting the application of MHT CET 2020 examination.
Check MHT CET 2020 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Examination||Online Mode (Computer Based Test)|
|Time Duration of Exam||180 Minutes|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|No. of Questions||50 from each Subject|
|Marks per question||Paper 1: +2 marks for each correct answer. Paper 2 and 3: +1 mark for each correct answer.|
|Medium of Examination||Paper 1: English Paper 2 and 3: English, Marathi, Urdu|
MHT CET 2020 exam consists of 3 sections:
- Section 1 will comprise of Physics and Chemistry
- Section 2 will be based on Botany and Zoology
- Section 3 will include questions related to Mathematics.
Check the marking scheme for each paper in table below:
|Section||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks||Total Marks|
Check Marking Scheme
MHT CET Sample Papers
MHT CET Sample papers include previous years’ question papers and model question papers based on a similar pattern of MHT CET examination. They are a helpful tool for measuring performance, weak and strong areas.
These practice papers are bound to help the candidates in familiarizing them with MHT CET Exam Pattern and Syllabus. Italso benefits them in gaining speed & precision required to score well in MHT CET. The Sample Papers aid candidates identify the important topics and the weight of marks.
Download Previous Year Question Paper/Sample Papers
MHT CET Syllabus
MHT CET 2020 Syllabus
Candidates appearing for MHT CET 2020 exam must prepare for it thoroughly from class 11th and 12th board syllabus of HSC Board of Maharashtra. The subjects covered in MHT CET 2020 exam are- Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics as stated by DTE (Directorate of Technical Education) Maharashtra. Understand the complete MHT CET Syllabus & clear each and every single concept from textbooks.
|Chemistry||Marvel Chemistry for MHT CET||Mayur Mehta, Chitra Joshi, Rekha Diwekar||8193264746|
|Physics||MHT CET Physics (Marvel)||AJ Bapat||8193264754|
|Mathematics||Marvel MHT-CET Mathematics||Hemant G. Ainapure||8193264738|
|Biology||Marvel Biology for MHT-CET||K. Shankaran, Devaki Rema Devi||8192993345|
MHT CET 2020 Results
To access MHT CET 2020 Result, candidates will have to visit the official website of DTE Maharashtra. The result will be announced in June 2020 in the form of a scorecard. The results obtained in the MHT CET 2020 will be valid for one year only. The provisional answer keys will be made available for candidates a few days after the exam.
Candidates can access the results by following the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of MHT CET and search ‘result’ link.
- Enter your MHT CET roll number.
- Click on submit and the result will be displayed on your screen.
- Take the printed copy of MHT CET 2020 Results at the time of counselling along with other required documents.
MHT CET Rank Predictor
MHT CET Rank Predictor by Collegedunia.com has been designed for students to predict colleges they can get into based on their marks. MHT CET Rank Predictor will provide the tentative ranks to the candidates on producing their roll number, category, branch preference, etc. Candidates need not wait for their results for a long time as they can estimate it by using this highly accurate MHT CET Rank Predictor.
MHT CET Cut off 2020
In order to be eligible for admission to B.Tech programs offered by the institutes, candidates must score requisite cut off. The cut off is released after every round of seat allotment by DTE Maharashtra. For determining MHT CET Cutoff, certain parameters are considered such as the total number of seats available, the number of candidates that appeared in CET and the level of difficulty of the exam. Based on previous years trends, the table below provides the expected closing ranks of top 10 engineering colleges of each round of MHT CET Counselling:
|PARTICIPATING INSTITUTE||BRANCH||EXPECTED RANK CUTOFF 2020||2019 ROUND 1||2019 ROUND 2||2019 ROUND 3|
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Engineering and Information Technology, (Mumbai)||Electronics Engineering||1124-1454||12550||13695||13955|
|Fr. C Rodrigues Institute of Technology, Navi (Mumbai)||Information Technology||3576-5879||4371||5607||5293|
|Maharashtra Institute of Technology, (Pune)||Polymer Engineering||1996-6980||20664||23413||68592|
|Dwarkadas J Sanghvi College of Engineering, (Mumbai)||Bio-Medical Engineering||9000-1045||9143||9476||–|
|Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, (Mumbai)||Electronics Engineering||1793-2018||1640||1923||1992|
|KJ Somaiya College of Engineering, (Mumbai)||Electronics Engineering||1195-1545||12550||13695||13955|
|Institute of Chemical Technology, (Mumbai)||Dyestuff Technology||3420- 5600||3283||5312||–|
|Pune Institute of Computer Technology, (Pune)||Electronics, and Telecommunication Engg.||4656-1794||4848||6195||16944|
|Thadomal Shahani Engineering College, (Mumbai)||Bio-Medical Engineering||1234-3698||13027||35782|
MHT CET 2020 Counselling
- The allotment of seats will be according to the merit and preference of seats.
- Verification of documents and uploading and confirmation of application form will be done from June 25, 2020 to July 01, 2020 (Tentative).
- Registration of MHT CET Counselling includes the following 6 steps:
- Type of candidature
- Qualification and examination details
- Uploading of scanned images
- Payment of fees
- Print of counseling application form
- The first two rounds will be through CAP.
- The 3rd offline round will be only for Maharashtra state candidates. In the third level counseling, the reserved seats will be treated as General seats.
- Candidates can check their Counselling Dates at the regional centers for different categories.
- Candidates will be required to fill preference form for counselling rounds to indicate the choice of colleges and courses in decreasing order of preference.
MHT CET Contact Details
Directorate Of Technical Education, Maharashtra State, Mumbai
3, Mahapalika Marg, Post Box No.1967,
Opp. Metro Cinema, Mumbai – 400 001
Tel: (022) 2264 1150, 2264 1151, 2262 0601, 2269 0602
Fax: (022) 2269 2102, 2269 0007
Helpline: +91-22-30233420/30233464 (between 10 am – 6 pm)
Email: [email protected]