Aircel customers shook down with the news of aircel bankruptcy. Even many says aircel is shutting down soon. But aircel denies the closing down operation or services. So whatever the truth is, if you are not satisfied with its services and want to change your telecom operator then you are at right place. In this post will discuss about how to Port Aircel in Jio, Airtel, Idea, BSNL, Vodafone, tata docomo and any other network.
Steps to Port Aircel in Jio, Airtel, Idea, BSNL, Vodafone, tata docomo
Things you need before Porting your aircel sim
- One Photograph
- Valid ID ( Aadhaar card, Driving License, Voter ID Card or Passport )
- UPC code
What is UPC code?
Full form of UPC code is Universal Porting Code. It is generated for the mobile number to help port your number to another network and valid for 15 days.
Port Aircel sim to other network by SMS method
- Send a text message with ‘PORT’, then space which is followed by your 10-digit mobile number to 1900.
SMS Port<Space><your mobile number> to 1900
- Now you will be getting a message containing the Unique Port Code (UPC) could takes a few hours to arrive.
- In Some telecom operators they will ask you by message for confirming like if you want to port-out .Reply to the message with “Yes”.
- Take the UPC code and visit the Network provider you want to post your Number to and enter your details such as name, Aadhar card number, photo, UPC number and you will be given a new SIM which will be activate shortly.
Port Aircel by generating UPC code online
You can generate UPC code online using Aircel UPC generation page. Steps are given of generating UPC code online.
- Click on the Link below or copy paste this link in your browser – ekyc.aircel.com:444/ekyc/genUPC.html
- Once you open the page, you will be getting two options – Customer Mobile Number and SIM Number (Last 5 digits). You can get SIM number from SIM card. Remove SIM card from phone and note down last 5 digit.
- Once you have entered both the numbers click on the Generate UPC option
- You will be seeing the Aircel UPC code on your Screen
Note: Due to huge number of users the servers seem to be unresponsive at times and showing some Error, keep trying to go through.
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has directed Aircel to generate UPCs which will remain valid till April 15 2018. Additionally, it has also asked the company to not reject any porting-out request of its subscribers.