Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad will launch the electronic version of the voter identity card which can be downloaded on a mobile phone or a personal computer on January 25. The e-elector photo identity card is non-editable digital version of the elector photo identity card and it can be saved in facilities such as digital locker and can be printed in the PDF format, Election Commission officials said.
The voter ID card indicates that you are an Indian citizen above the age of 18 years listed in the electoral rolls, a list of people eligible to cast their vote. The voter ID card also helps in regulating fraud and streamline the voting process, a necessary step due to the countries huge demographics. Registration for a voter ID card is an easy process that can be done online.
How to download your Voter ID Card online
- Visit the official election website
- Click on Form6 to “Apply online for registration of new voter ID” which will give you an option to apply as a new voter
- After you proceed as a new user, you will asked to enter basic details like your name, age, and gender
- Please note that you will be asked to enter your residential address, and marital status.
- In the next step, you will be asked to enter the details of two people who will vouch for you. You will be asked to enter their personal information and Voter ID details.
- Once you have completed all the above steps, you will be asked to attach all the supporting documents like your identity proof and address proof to complete the enrollment process.
- You will then get a n application number on your phone and registered email ID.
- You can use your application number to check you Voter ID.
- Once it is uploaded in the website, you can click on the “Download” button to get a copy of your newly generated election card.
Can I download a soft copy of my voter ID?
- No, a person can not download his or her voter ID online due to the inclusion of hologram in it.
- A person can see all the information mentioned in his or her voter ID by logging on to the website http://electoralsearch.in/ .
- The visitor can search for the details mentioned on his or her voter ID card by entering the birth date, gender, state of residence or the EPIC number.
Go ahead and grab a copy of your Voter ID. It’s time to cast a vote!
1)The e-EPIC will be a non-editable secure PDF version
2) In the first phase between 25 January and 31 January, only new voters who have applied for their voter cards and have registered their mobile numbers with the Election Commission will be able to download their digital voter ID cards.
3) From next month, all voters will be able to download their digital copies, if their phone numbers are linked with the Election Commission.
4) Voters who do not have their phone numbers linked will have to get it done to avail of the download feature.
6) Digital voter identity cards will be in PDF formats.
6) New voters will also get hard copies of their voter ID cards.
7) The digitisation is to ensure there is no delay in getting voter ID cards as the physical card takes time to print and reach the voter, and the idea is to provide faster delivery and easy accessibility to the document
8) Digital voter ID cards can be stored on Digilocker.
9) The digital cards will carry a secured QR code
10) The e-version of the voter card is being launched to mark the anniversary of the Election Commission.
How to download digital voter ID cards:
1) Log on to https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/
2) Click on the option of download E-EPIC.
3) The download facility will be available from 11.14 am onwards today